Benaki Museum (GR) A Project of B | KBFUS Funds
Displays on Greek culture from prehistory and onward.
The Benaki Museum is a network of seven sites across Athens city centre but also in other areas of this dynamic and extraordinary city. Throughout its galleries, different cultures and historical periods meet modern art moves, while rich historical archives bring past wisdom into our contemporary world. Its varied and rare Collection is surrounded by an impressive array of cultural activities. Numerous temporary exhibitions, publications, conferences, concerts and educational programmes make the Benaki Museum a multifarious art institution of the 21st century.
As one of Greece's leading museum institutions under private law, the Benaki Museum aims at inspiring people to reach for knowledge and reflect on cultural heritage, through its extensive collections that cover several cultural fields and its range of activities serving more than one social interest. Its key objectives are:
- Openness, Democratization of Collections, Flexibility: to provide open access to collections and archives
- Social Awareness, Social Presence: to be an active member of the community in which it operates for the benefit of the public
- Research & Collaboration: to establish itself into the wider scientific community on all fields of its interest
- National & International Presence: to promote the exchange of exhibitions and publications
- Self-sufficiency, Sustainability, Resilience: to support its financial and organizational operation, thus ensuring its evolution for generations to come.
Alternative ways to give:
For gifts by check: Address your check to KBFUS, write "Benaki Museum Fund" in the memo section of the check, and send it to KBFUS, 10 Rockefeller Plaza, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10020.
Gifts by wire transfer or to contribute other types of property: Email KBFUS at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (212) 713 7660.