Bike For Africa heads to North America Oct. 2017!
Have fun and do good for the children of Africa.
Bike for Africa, North America Edition A Project of B | KBFUS Funds
Give back to local humanitarian projects in Africa.
Brussels Airlines is proud to host the first North America edition of the successful Bike For Africa initiative, which takes place in Africa every two years.
In a nutshell:
- Road biking tour between Niagara Falls (Buffalo – US border) and New York City Brooklyn Bridge
- Planned October 07-13, 2017 (including travel on 07OCT)
- Fund raising through the King Baudouin Foundation in Belgium and the U.S.
- Benefiting two incredible organizations; Georgie Badiel Foundation (Burkina Faso) and Malaika (DRC)
- Belcham Belgian Night upon arrival in Manhattan connecting the happy riders with the NYC community.
At the Georgie Badiel Foundation every dollar received goes towards providing clean water in Burkina Faso. This includes digging wells, water treatment facilities as well as education for women and children. In less than 1 year, the Georgie Badiel Foundation restored 13 wells, built 2 new wells and 10 new sanitation systems. In total, the foundation has provided access to clean drinking water to over 75,000 people in Burkina Faso.
Founded in 2007 by Noella Coursaris Musunka, the mission of Malaika is to empower Congolese girls and their communities through education.Based in New York, the organization operates in the village of Kalebuka, in the Southeastern region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo where the Malaika School provides quality education for 253 girls. The organization is fuelling a generation of change-agents by building girls' leadership capacities so that they may give back to their communities and have a positive, long-term impact on the future of the DRC.
Alternative ways to give:
For gifts by check: Write your check to KBFUS, write "Bike for Africa" in the memo section of the check, and send it to KBFUS, 10 Rockefeller Plaza, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10020.
Gifts by wire transfer or to contribute other types of property: Email KBFUS at: email@example.com or phone (212) 713 7660.